Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Lauren Conrad-Thebeautydepartment.com..Filled with the latest tips on Hair & Beauty...LOVE!!! BOHO BRAID TUTORIAL
Lauren Conrad, Kristin Ess and Amy Nadine!
These power trio launched a site for anyone who’s ever had a beauty question or gotten into a fight with a hair brush and lost. They will be covering all kinds of hair+makeup how-to’s, nail trends, skin issues, tools, current obsessions & inspirations, as well as countless quick tips!
Below is a Bohemian-inspired-braided-goodness!
•2 Claw clips
•Hair tie, preferably matching your hair color
•Fine tooth comb
1. Start with wavy hair. If your hair is naturally straight, curl some sections to give it texture.
2. Separate the hair on the left & right sides of your head. Using your part as a guide, continue the part down the middle of the back of your head. To maintain the effortless, imperfect look, use your fingers instead of a comb. Tie one section with a hair tie to keep it out of the way.
3. French braid the free section of hair back to the nape of your neck & secure with bobby pins or a clip. To add more texture, try a Reverse French braid: Alternate crossing the 2 outer sections of hair UNDER the middle section instead of over. To make the look more free-spirited, leave out bangs & short layers around your face.
4. Repeat Step 3 on the other side of your head, clipping the French braid at the nape of your neck.
5. Gather the hair into a low ponytail below the clips & secure with a hair tie. When the ponytail is secure, remove the clips from the braids.
6. Time to add some volume! With your fine tooth comb, tease 1” sections of hair where they come out of the pony tail, keeping the ends less distressed, & secure with a medium hold hair spray.
7. Create more volume & texture in the braids by lightly pulling the loops apart with your fingers.
8. To finish the look, wrap a section of hair from underneath the pony tail around the hair tie. Secure with bobby pins
Link to this tutorial click here